Spring Season 2009

Spring 2009 soccer season seem to start early while it was still COLD!!!
Cobras have a tough schedule in front of them but are hoping that our new players & some hard work will help us get back on track!!

First game out the Cobras had to face a long time rival the Crossfire.  Both teams were a little rough around the edges!!  The Cobras controlled the ball most of the game.  We just had trouble finishing at times.  Matthew scored our first goal of the season.  Matthew received a through pass early in the second have and beat the keeper on the far post.  The Cobras were able to hold them and finished with a 1-0 win.


Cobras had a rough day against the Rojo’s.  We were unable to generate much offense and lost 0-5.  KEEP WORKING HARD!

On this day the wind was blowing like a cyclone!!  It was cold and made for some miserable conditions.  The Cobras fought the wind the first half playing great defense holding them to one goal.  The second half we created opportunities we just were unable to finish and lost in a wind storm 0-2!!   HOPE FOR BETTER WEATHER!!!



Cobras came out and controlled the ball the first half but once again didn’t finish on many opportunities.  Ian scored first after we switched sides and spread out the defense.  We passed the ball back inside where An had to beat one defender then shot near post beating the keeper.  Matthew scored on a 1 on 1 for our second goal.  Conner sent a through pass and Matthew out ran the defense and pushed the ball in the corner.  Just like we practice!!  Cobras went up 2-1.  In the second half we had to release some players for another game and were unable to hold the Rockets off.  They scored twice in the second half and beat us 3-2.


Mother Nature stopped raining long enough for us to get our game in!!  With the rain all week, the field conditions were "SOUPY"
to say the least!!  Cobras started really strong after a week without practice.  We controlled the ball and created multiple opportunities at goal.  Caleb started the scoring off with a long shot from outside.  The wet ball went through the keepers out stretched arms and the Cobras went up 1-0.  Conner received the ball outside 25 yrds, and placed it just under the crossbar out of the keepers reach and the Cobras went up 2-0.  The Heat would score next and closed the gap 2-1.  John scored our next goal by pushing past two defenders and shooting for the far post.  Great Job!!  Next was Matthew who received the ball at the top of the penalty area.  He then beat one defender and put the ball inside the far post.  Going into halftime the Cobras were winning 4-1.
The Cobras came out the second half and once again took control of the game.  We had multiple chances at goal we just were unable to finish.  We need to be able to finish our opportunities at goal!!  Jesse got us back on track with a break away to goal and beat the keeper near post.  Great Job Jesse!!  I bet that felt good because Jesse goes to Derby schools!!
The Heat would rebound quickly and the score was 5-2.   Matthew got loose on a break away at goal and beat the keeper inside the right post scoring his second goal of the game.  The final score was Cobras 6 and the Derby Heat 2.  The Cobras played very well today.  Our defense shut the door at midfield allowing us to create multiple scoring opportunities. Keep up the hard work and lets finish the season strong.